2013 is over. I’m pretty thrilled about it. To be honest, 2013 kind of sucked.
There WERE some good times, don’t get me wrong, but in general the year just bummed me out. Last year I posted about how much I kicked 2012’s ass, but since 2013 kicked MY ass a bit, I decided to pro/con list it instead.
- I went to CA to see my good friend marry the man of her dreams and reunite with friends I haven’t seen in a while
- I quit a job I HATED and started one I like much better
- I took some trips with my lady pals: to Mexico and Colorado
- I tried some new things: kayaking in the Charles, the Blacklight 5K, finally saw a Taylor Swift show, went fishin’, attended 2 yoga classes (I sucked and did not like it sadly), made some progress with my fear of dogs by befriending 2 of them, took a cake decorating class, went to Walden Pond
- I got a bit closer with my sister–but then she moved across the world to the Dhabs for 2 years…counted as a Pro because, having travelled and lived abroad so much myself, I am genuinely happy for her and all the super cool stuff she gets to experience…even though it makes me insanely jealous
Cons–because cons suck I’m adding a Silver Lining to each one so I can (and you can) see them in a more positive light
- I stopped exercising regularly and going to the gym—silver lining: I’ve started back up and at this very moment my whole body is sore from the gym 2 days ago.
- I had to reenter the dating pool…which is the WORST—silver lining: I ended a relationship that made me really unhappy and ended up finding someone really cool
- Someone I considered a very close friend ended our almost decade long friendship—silver lining: other friendships were strengthened this year and I’ve learned (through Facebook actually) that I’m not the only person who has gone through this, which made me feel better
- I’ve had what feels like unending roommate drama—silver lining: still working on it
- I stopped blogging consistently—silver lining: I was never super “consistent” but this blog does make me happy so I’m recommitting myself to more regular posts!
Welp…got that out of my system. Time to MOVE ON.
I have a big backlog of posts that need to be made stretching back to before Thanksgiving…but I WILL post them all…even though some are a bit “out of season.” I’m also really excited because I got a bunch of new kitchen appliances over the holidays and I can’t wait to share them with you…get ready because SPOILER ALERT this girl bought herself a Ninja.
I hope everyone had a happy Thanksigiving/Christmas/New Year. I fully intend to make 2014 a success.
Thanks for following! More food posts to follow soon!